To determine if someone is too stout or too thin, we most often use the BMI or Body Mass Index.
The calculation consists of dividing the weight by the height squared (kg / m²). One can then compare his current BMI to his desirable BMI.
- A BMI between 18.5 and 25 is generally considered satisfactory.
- If the BMI is below 18.5 you are probably too skinny.
- If the BMI is between 25 and 30 you probably have a few extra pounds.
- If the BMI is between 30 and 40 you are obese.
- From a BMI of 40 it is morbid obesity.
To calculate your BMI and determine where you stand, enter your data below: