When starting the ketogenic diet, one of the factors that most influence the abandonment of the regime is the lack of bread. If you want to stay in ketosis and eat bread at the same time, the only way is to include keto bread in your diet.
Read on to find out how to make keto bread at home.
Keto Bread – What is it?
Ketogenic bread is a type of bread that is low in carbohydrates, high in healthy fats and without any type of cereal-based flour: wheat, oatmeal, rice, etc.
Ketogenic bread is also gluten-free so it is allowed for celiacs.
This type of bread can be included both with dinner as it is an excellent combination with cheese or avocado to make a ketogenic breakfast .
How to make keto bread?
Making keto bread is simple, it takes just 40 minutes and we classify it as a medium difficulty level.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Place a bread mold with vegetable oil in the oven or, if you prefer, a silicone mold.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until a foamy consistency is achieved, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter and olive oil and mix well
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and xanthan gum in a separate bowl and mix.
- Little by little add to the dry mixture of the eggs, the butter and the oil; preventing lumps from forming.
- If you decide to add chopped almonds or other nuts, this is the time.
- Pour the mixture into the preheated mold with the help of a spatula.
- Bake at 180 C after 30 minutes you can remove it from the oven and add nuts to give it a crispy texture on the surface. Leave it for at least 15 more minutes.
- Ready you have a delicious keto bread to accompany your meals.
Nutritional value of two slices of keto bread:
- Energy: 255 KCal
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Proteins: 9 g
- Total fat: 23 g
- Fiber: 2 g
Keto bread is a low-carb type of bread. It can be used both for breakfast accompanied with scrambled eggs. As well as it is perfect in combination with cherry tomatoes, serrano ham and avocado.
If you are going to try this recipe, don’t forget to comment below.